Proposition SAFETY. November 8th. View the Proposition SAFETY Flyer here.
Read the Letter from the Chief here
This $0.25 tax increase will allow us to:
- Upgrade every truck from basic to Advanced Medical Equipment that provides essential tools such as cardiac monitors and lifesaving drugs.
- Upgrade from Basic Life Support capabilities to Advanced Life Support.
- Provide Advanced Training to our Firefighters: Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine, Hazardous Materials, and Homeland Security
- Hire Paramedic/Firefighters to fully staff our vehicles on a daily basis to meet National Standards increasing overall safety for our firefighters and and the community.
- Implement updates to existing facilities to facilitate additional personnel
- Allow the District to continue to grow to meet the ever-changing demands of the fire service.
The District has not had an increase since 1999. View the presentation below or click here for the Proposition Safety PDF. For more information or a group presentation concerning the initiative, please contact Assistant Chief Brian Moore at [email protected].